Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Part 2 Plane Ride Home

I was careful to be on time for my flight home since I knew I would be taking Nechama straight to camp as soon as I arrived. Somehow I had dropped my cell phone so I was feeling a bit naked. I, for one, loathe flying. With that in mind, as soon as I boarded the plane, I quickly administered myself some "drug induced assistance" so that I could sleep on the plane. In a moment…. lights out. Before I knew it, we had taken off, flown to NY and landed. It was perfect, except I was still feeling groggy. It was just as well, the real surprise was on me. As I departed the aircraft, I slowly came to realize that in reality, we had never left Miami. Apparently there was a problem with the plane and all passengers were required to find another flight. Panic set it. I was NOT going to be the CAUSE of Nechama being late for camp. I was somewhat on the warpath. I can't say that I was a banner for Klal Yisroel as I ran from counter to counter to get me on a flight to New York. After an endless battle with Airline staff, I found a payphone and called home. To my surprise and disappointment, Saguite told me not to rush.!? My mind was racing at a 1000 thoughts per second and the only thing that could come out of my mouth was "but what about camp?" Nechama had an "episode" at home. She would not have to be hospitalized but she would have to stay at home for 2 days. Considering how much Nechama looked forward to camp, I was in a state of shock. How could this happen? Well, that taught me a lesson about who was in charge. Sometime that night, on some ariline, I took whatever flight I could get. Luckily, when I awoke this time, I was in New York.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Goal is to post at least 2x per week on Sunday and Wednesday.
Blogarama