Sunday, October 30, 2005

"Yosef My Son"

There is a song written by Moshe Yess about a child during the 1940's in Germany.
The Nazis come and take his parents away. Although he is just young boy of 9 ,he manages to run away.
He emigrates to Israel after the war.For decades, he believes his parents to be dead. One day,he is praying at the Kosel and hears a familiar voice praying next to him.

"That voice,that's my father's voice."

They are reunited once again. His parents had survived the war
and believed he were dead as well. I feel a chill down my spine
each time I hear that.

Whenever I feel the overwhelming pain, I will try to picture what the reunion with my child will be when Moshiach will come. This might be where the intellectual meets the emotional but until then, the pain remains.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Goal is to post at least 2x per week on Sunday and Wednesday.
Blogarama