Thursday, February 09, 2006

Dear Entertainer

Dear <Entertainer>,
     Firstly, I wanted to thank you for the concert that you performed during the event last week. Friends of mine, who had attended previous events where you played, had told me that the concert would be the highlight. To be honest I was skeptical. However, the Motzei Shabbos experience greatly exceeded any expectations. The atmosphere that you created was so bSimcha and energetic that I could not help but sit back and smile. Rav __ was smiling from ear to ear; he was beaming with pride. But the highlight of the evening was when the Rosh HaYeshiva Shlita was dancing with all of the children in a circle. That is when an idea hit me.
     My wife and I have been organizing an event for bereaved families for the.  As I was watching the dancing, I was imagining what simcha it would bring to the families if you could have a concert for them. This group of people has undergone the greatest tragedy that one could imagine. Yet despite their nightmare, and in spite of their struggle, they manage to “move on” with life. This group, from the parents to the children, is a group of heroes, literally. They are inspirations to everyone around them. To watch them daven and do mitzvos with such love, despite what they have experienced and continue to experience on a daily basis, earns them the title of hero.
     I am offering you this opportunity to play a concert for this group for 2 reasons. One is that these people deserve a weekend filled with fun and excitement. They are entitled to this break. We owe it to them. And secondly, when you stand on stage and watch the group filled with energy and simcha, take a long hard look. As you move on in life, and are able to appreciate what these people have lost, you will be forever thankful that you took advantage of this opportunity. This memory of what you did, out of the kindness of your heart, will be etched in your mind. In the zechus of doing this, may you have hatzlacha in your future and current endeavors.
I appreciate you taking the time to consider this opportunity.

glen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Goal is to post at least 2x per week on Sunday and Wednesday.
Blogarama