Thursday, May 12, 2005

The 7 most destructive words....

The 7 most destructive words are: Life would be so much better if….
How many times have we told ourselves that even if we could live with a certain difficulty or challenge that Hashem gave us. Life would be so much better if.. I did not have to go through this. If my children would do well in school. If I had a better job or better spouse. I were smarter or more attractive or had easier parents or in-laws. Unfortunately there is no limit to the amount of calamities and difficulties there are in this world. And sometimes when it rains, it pours.
Problem after problem . One on top of the other. It is so tempting to say “My life would be so much easier if I did not have to go through this.” We might even make promises, I would do all the mitzvahs even the ones that I have difficulty with. I would love Hashem and my fellow Jew. I would be happier and certainly, if I were happier I would serve Hashem better. If only….. We have to believe that Hashem knows what we need. If a person were going to do something, he would be doing it already. These statements or promises are only an excuse for not doing something difficult. Acceptance is the key to growth. Acceptance is a struggle. To accept means I have to face something that is too difficult to admit as a reality. Once I accept something as something that I cannot change, there is no turning back.
G-d grant me some serenity already :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous The Spooning Recipes said...

Loved reading this tthanks

1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Goal is to post at least 2x per week on Sunday and Wednesday.
Blogarama