Sunday, July 31, 2005

Letter to Rabbi Stein

The following is a letter which Nechama sent to Rabbi Stein when she was 9. Rabbi Stein was a posek who was very close to our family who was sick with cancer. He passed away over a year ago. When they were both alive, Nechama undertook to write a letter of chizuk to Rabbi Stein on how to be bSimcha and have emunah when you are sick. At the time, we considered this just an innocent expression of concern on her part. Later did we learn that Nechama, even though only 9 years old, considered this to be part of her life's mission. To inspire and give chizuk to others.
The text of this letter was printed in Oleminu and distributed to thousands of children in schools all over the USA. It was also part of shiur at Yeshiva Darchei Torah given by Rabbi Bender to the entire yeshiva.

The following is the exact text of the letter written by Nechama Liba A"H.
note(The hebrew expressions were hand written)

Dear Rabbi Stein,
When a person gets sick they feel angry and fearful, and you have a right to feel that way sometimes. I am lucky that I have friends and family because I feel that people care about me. I feel like I’m here, as a part of this world. I would like to share a few ideas that helped me and might help you feel better about your situation.

1. try not to think about your situation

2. always remember that Hashem will help

3. take a deep breath

4. say "Gam Zu LTova"

5. say "Gam Zu Yaavore"

and Feel better.

Sincerely yours,

Nechama Liba Holman

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Goal is to post at least 2x per week on Sunday and Wednesday.
Blogarama