Monday, July 11, 2005

Part 6 At the hospital

We spent the next few days at the hospital in the ICU. Things were relatively smooth. Elana came to spend time with Nechama. The theory was that as long as the episode did not reoccur within 2 days, then it would probably not reoccur. Ilana spent Shabbos with Nechama and I. Saguite stayed home with the other kids. It was one of the most memorable and enjoyable Shabbasim that I can remember. We played games, laughed a lot. Nechama, for the first time in her life, decided to wear the hospital pajamas. But she would not go into the hall with them preferring to wear her Shabbos robe because it was more tznius. She didn't feel that she could walk in the hallway so, for the first time, I wheeled her around in a wheelchair. We played several games to pass the time. We told stories and jokes as we always did.
It was like the "Calm before the Storm" literally.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you so much for your kind words.
It is a great source of chizuk to see that someone has been influenced by our "journey"

9:52 AM  
Blogger orthomom said...

I live in your neighborhood. I had Nechama's name on my Tehillim list every day, and I took an hour upon myself daily to be careful about loshon hara in her name. I am sorry that these undertakings by so many of us around here could not keep your beatiful little girl here with us. May the Kodosh Barch Hu grant you Nechama on the loss of your Nechama.

9:35 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

By continuing to take upon yourself to do mitzvos in Nechama's name you are providing the greatest zechus for her neshama. thank you.

glen

10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Goal is to post at least 2x per week on Sunday and Wednesday.
Blogarama